DIVING THE KEYS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE !
2009 Readers Choice Award for
"Top Beginner Diving" and
"Top U/W Photography"
2005 Readers Choice Award for
Best Dive Site in North America
Thank you for visiting our website.
WHO AND WHERE WE ARE!
All Your Diver and Non Diver Needs Met in ONE PLACE: Less crowded, less expensive, and a whole lot more FUN!
Ocean Quest Dive Center is one of the oldest and most experienced dive operators in the upper Florida Keys, located on beautiful Islamorada, one and a half hours from Miami International Airport at Mile Marker 85 on Route 1.
We offer twice-daily SCUBA and snorkel charters on boats geared toward "six-packs," large groups, or specialized buddy teams. We offer PADI and NAUI SCUBA training, and take referrals from IDEA, NASDS, PDIC, and SSI. We also offer a variety of special adventures for both divers and their non-diving companions.
The specialty of the month for June is Peak Performance Buoyancy, July is Deep, and August is Wreck. The current specialty of the month is always 10% off the regular price.
Note: We offer instruction in Spanish as well as the ability to complete the academic portion online for the Open Water course and the Advanced Open Water course. See our INSTRUCTION page for details.
WHY DIVE WITH US?
Why WOULD You Go Anywhere Else?
OCEAN QUEST DIVE CENTER
* since 1987, is One of the MOST EXPERIENCED dive operators in the Florida Keys.
* has more than 35 OUTSTANDING DIVE SITES, with ANOTHER 15 LOCATIONS we reserve for limited use to help protect their pristine nature. Almost all the photos you see on this site were taken by our staff at our regularly scheduled dive sites in the Upper Keys.
*has an outstanding SAFETY RECORD, recognized by the USCG.
* has meticulously maintained and newly refurbished FLEET OF USGC CERTIFIED VESSELS, suitable for both "six-pack" small and large groups.
* offers both PADI and NAUI SCUBA Instructors, Divemasters, and Captains with a cumulative total of more than 35 years of diving experience, insuring you the BEST QUALITY TRAINING AND LEARNING.
* offers SCUBA CERTIFICATIONS beginning Open Water to Divemaster, plus most specialty courses.
* is ACCESSIBLE for disabled divers and IHAD and HSA certified Dive Buddy availability.
* has NITROX compressor on site.
*offers RENTAL EQUIPMENT for both novice and advanced Divers. We also have overnight gear storage for your convenience.
* has PRIVATE CHARTERS for small or large groups.
* designs SPECIALTY DIVES: want to "tie the knot" underwater in full SCUBA gear? Belong to a "clothing optional" dive group? Love spending a whole day on the water with a catered lunch, spectacular diving, reef-hopping?
* includes an ever-evolving complement of ACTIVITIES FOR NON-DIVERS, including SNORKELING TOURS, REEF FISHING, SUNSET CRUISES, and much more, with a variety of other watersports offered at Coconut Cove Resort and Marina.
* We support ECO-TOURISM and good marine conservation practices.
HAVE AN IDEA FOR A DIVE? Let us know about it!
COCONUT COVE RESORT AND MARINA LOCATION
Opened in 1987, we are now located in the world famous Coconut Cove Resort and Marina, in beautiful Islamorada, Florida. This recent move is a mere 1/2 mile from our former location, but offers more of what our guests have been asking for. Coconut Cove is on the Ocean side with a million dollar view of the Atlantic, is pet friendly, with its own tranquil sandy beach and resort-style swimming pool.
Once you locate our beachside facilities you will enjoy the Key-Z pace afforded by this off-the-beaten-path location. This relaxed setting is conveyed to our custom dive boats which are mere steps away from our shop, just down the mangrove covered walkway.
Your Safety and Comfort
Our priority is always safety and comfort first. We proudly admit to being WIMPS (Warm, Intelligent, Mature, Professionals). We always do our best to provide an accurate profile of diving conditions prior to launch. Occasionally, however, wave heights are more than our divers find enjoyable or safe. We call these "Rum Front Days", and suggest you indulge in your OTHER favorite pastimes , or take advantage of the numerous Keys' diversions available (see "NON-DIVING FUN" link).
In this case, customers will not be charged for the dive nor be under any further obligation, unless they choose to reschedule.
Ocean Quest Dive Center STAFF
Simply the BEST!
Owner/Operator Vicky Roberts, is both a PADI and NAUI certified Divemaster, and can often be found on one of Ocean Quest's boats as either a Mate or Divemaster. Vicky bought Ocean Quest Dive Center in 2006, and under her management, this already established Keys Dive Operation has seen significant upgrades with plans for more.
Captain Sonny Bamburg, 100 Ton Master Captain, PADI Divemaster/Assistant Instructor with more than 20 years diving experience. Uderwater Photographer.
Supervising Staff Instructor Ed Prentice, is a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) & IDC Staff instructor (IDCS), and can teach over twenty PADI specialty courses in addition to the full PADI curriculum from Bubble Maker through Divemaster. He is a member of the Key Largo Volunteer Fire Department Water Emergency Team.
Virginia Jones has been a PADI instructor for 25 years, has dove most of the oceans of the world and taught students in all levels of diving. She also dabbles in underwater photography, which she always includes in her classes; her students always get an email with pictures to remember their dive trip to the Keys. She is a Specialty Instructor. Virginia moved to the Keys in 2006 after retiring from the real world and now lives on her sailboat “She Breeze”. She works in the dive industry full time. What once was a part time escape for her is now a full time passion. She considers herself to be one lucky lady!
Additional Staff are employed on a contract basis as required. Ocean Quest Dive Center hires only the best, most experienced Instructors and Divemasters in the Keys.
CONTACT US AT (305.809.6599) )
Visit our online store for our B'Low Me™ shirts & caps - click here